I was tagged by my good friend Heather from Then Comes Baby. But, since I don't have any other friends with blogs, this is where the chain ends...
11 Random Things About Me...
- I laugh at everything.
- There are weekends where I am completely content hunkering down for a marathon TV watching session - the best is when the series is over and you can watch episode after episode. Although the K-Man has made this a little more difficult.
- Although I am very organized with life and work, I cannot keep our apartment clean. Inevitable, our just-cleaned peninsula counter gets cluttered once again. It frustrates me beyond belief, but I just can't keep the crap off it.
- I have a way of making very convenient things inconvenient - in my head anyways. Today a co-worker mentioned that she brings her clothes to the dry cleaner below our building and I actually said: "Wow, that's so convenient. I have one in my apartment building, but it's just so inconvenient to get to that I usually leave dry cleaning there for a couple weeks after it's ready." And as soon as it came out of my mouth, I realized how ridiculous I sounded. Yeah, the door to the dry cleaning place is not near the entrance to my apartment building, especially if I'm driving and parking in the garage. But to say it's not convenient, that's just absurd. I'm lazy.
- I am dying to buy a house. Let's chalk it up to "nesting." I peruse Redfin at least a few times a week, if not once a day.
- I am obsessed with DIY & Home Design blogs where people take some ugly furniture from a thrift store that they bough for super cheap and make it look beautiful!
- Reading all these DIY blogs, led me to embark on my first DIY project - magnetic chalkboards for my brother and his wife's wedding gift and one for G$ and I. Let's just say they are still a work in progress - Scott and Amy got married last May. I have all the supplies, I've just realized that I have a few roadblocks in my way: 1) not having a backyard to spray paint in and 2) a dog that likes to get into anything, so even getting non-spray paint and doing it inside is out of the question. Ahhh, once it's warmer, I am going to take Scott and Amy up on using their yard to finally finish up this project that has been in progress for well over half a year now...
- I'm an addict. I have a coffee/caffeine addiction. If I don't get "the juice" in me, I have a splitting headache by mid-afternoon.
- G$ and I have been following a strict budget in 2012 to curb our discretionary spending (i.e. eating out, online shopping, etc.) to add more money to save more money in the "the house fund." We each have a set dollar amount for the month, so it's kind of become a competition, which helps. January wasn't too bad, but man, I had an expensive first week in February. Must bring lunch for the rest of the month, so we can have fun on the weekends.
- I'd love to take an adventure vacation like hiking Machu Picchu and Kilimanjaro
- A few weekends ago, a rat came into my cube at work and ate through a gallon sized bag of trail mix and nibbled on a quarter of an apple. Let's just say I was grossed out and sanitized everything. Now all food is stored in a sealed plastic bin. Take that, rats!
11 Questions from Heather...
- You're singing karaoke. What's your song of choice?
Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer, but I would need to be 1) intoxicated and 2) "performing" with a group. - What is your most prized possession?
This is a tough one. I'm not sure I have one - or at least nothing jumped into my mind while I was writing this... I'll let you know if that changes. - What was the worst job you've ever had?
My worst job was also my best job. Lifeguarding. The good: I will never have another job where I can bask in the sun and get a tan while working. The bad: cleaning public restrooms, especially pulling out the dry-deck mats to scrub them and the disgusting floor underneath them twice a summer. Dreaded. It. - Do you have any phobias?
Not a down right phobia - have you seen the show Phobia? Those people have legit phobias. I'm just not super keen on spiders, snakes, and dead animals. Kairo has a tendency to want to sniff dead birds and squirrels and when I finally realize what he is smelling, I FREAK OUT. Like super-high-pitched-girly-scream freak out. :) - You are wearing your favorite outfit. Do you put on heels or flats?
Flats. I can't remember the last time I wore heels with a outfit for a non-dress-up occasion. Shocker, right?! - Have you ever met anyone famous?
Nope. - Do you have any pet peeves?
Here we go...- Unformatted - or not properly formatted - Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, or Excel spreadsheets: Frustrates me more than you would know.
- Dishes in the sink
- Common grammar errors: your/you're, their/there, its/it's
- Incompetent people who slow down everyone around them: Sadly I get to deal with this on a daily basis.
- Name the best concert you've ever been to and why.
Also a tough one. I'd probably have to say the first Kenny Chesney concert I ever went to back in high school since it's what hooked me on country music and going to many a country concerts with friends and family for summers to follow.
Oh and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't mention my first concert ever - Marky Mark and the Funky bunch - where I was soooo embarrassed when Marky Mark did his whole pants dropping thing that I looked down. - Do you collect anything?
Nope, which is probably a good thing as it would be another thing to organize and on display in our small, but not tiny apartment. - Favorite breakfast food to eat?
Omelets or breakfast casserole - eggs, meat, and cheese, please. - Let's play "Do, date, dismiss" (hahaha): Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper, Tom Brady :)
Ohhh, throwback.
Do: Ryan Reynolds
Date: Bradley Cooper
Dismiss: Tom Brady (sorry Heath)
That was fun! Hope everyone had a good Hump Day! Only two more until the weekend!
<3
K$
No comments:
Post a Comment