| Kairo's fav toy - the booda bone! |
This past weekend was a lot of firsts for Kairo:
- First barbeque at G$'s parents' house - he had a blast running through all the grassy areas in their backyard and of course loved all the attention. Later, we also found out that G$'s grandfather was slipping him steak (much to our chagrins).
- First time being left in his crate. We had brunch with G$'s family on Sunday morning, so he got his first crate experience. He was whimpering and whining when we left, and also two hours later when we came home. Not looking good for Monday, which will be his first day being crated for the day while G$ and I work. We were afraid he was going to cry the whole time and bug the neighbors, so I went and knocked on the next door neighbors' door, introduced myself, and explained "the situation." Luckily, they work and no one will be home during the day. Phew!
- First softball game! Our Team Mom, Aunty M (who will also be watching Kairo this weekend while we are at a wedding), was exuberant about getting to watch him during the game. He was a very, very good boy and actually fell asleep for most of the game. His cuteness, as it always does, attracts so many people to come over to pet him, but he liked the attention.
| Kairo spent the entire softball game snoozin' |
- First work day being crated. Monday morning, I had to go get an ID card at the Pentagon, so I swung home afterwards to check on him before heading into work since G$ would not be able to make it home until early afternoon, I wanted to make sure he had a chance to go potty again. And to my surprise (and excitement), when I got back to the apartment, Kairo was quiet!! And only after about an hour. Apparently, he is a smart puppy and figured out his whining would not get him out of the crate. G$ comes home for lunch every day to let Kairo out and play with him, which has turned into a little bit of play, with a lot of sleeping on G$'s lap. Although things have been a lot tougher than I had anticipated, Kairo is such a cutie (when he's not trying to bite your hand, shoulder, or clothes), that it makes it 100% worthwhile. I know I'm definitely up for the challenge, and G$ too! :)
As I mentioned before, we have my cousin's wedding this weekend down in Charlottesville, so G$ and I are leaving our little boy in the hands of Auntie M and Uncle J, who couldn't be more excited about getting to watch Kairo for a little under 24 hours. I think it will be tough leaving him, but I know he'll be in good hands, and plus, the idea of being able to sleep in is kind of exciting! Reason #256 that I'm not ready for kids... :)
| My cutiepie - with wrinkles! |
I'll try to get better at posting more entries...I
promise. I think I've said that
before, but I'll do my best.
<3
K$
No comments:
Post a Comment