Going with Kairo's skull and crossbones theme - including his collar and collapsible travel bowl - we also added his ID tag to the list of skull and crossbones items:
He's such a tough little guy, isn't he! When G$ first put it on him, he was going nuts trying to get it in his mouth - unsuccessfully, which led to him just scooting backwards or in circles with his nose/mouth towards his neck. Adorable.
As I've mentioned before, we are on the 5th floor of our apartment building, which makes quick trips out to potty a little more of a challenge. Luckily we live right next to one of the stairwells, so we at least have the option of taking the stairs versus having to go the elevator route. And on that note, within the last week, Kairo has learned to do steps! It started with the last half flight of stairs and let me tell you, it's about the cutest thing on the face of the planet. And since the lovely iPhone has video capabilities, I get to share the cuteness with all of you.
Kairo was getting so good at the stairs, over the weekend, we thought we'd let him try doing all five flights. He made it once, then on times 2 and 3, his need to tinkle/inability to hold it took over, and we had two accidents in the stairwell. Still a moral victory in our eyes, since it was NOT in our apartment! He's definitely starting to get it (it being: potty is supposed to happen outside). We certain have had some accidents, but most have been on the tile in the kitchen/entryway. He'll make some noise or indication that he needs to go, but G$ and I were unable to react quickly enough. He still hasn't figured out the bell. And frankly, is still scared of it, which doesn't bode well for him using the bell to indicate to us he needs to go out anytime soon. I keep telling myself: he is only 10 weeks old!
Kairo also has a new favorite toy - Mr. Monkey - thanks to Auntie Kate, Uncle Dan, and Cousin Jack (more Jack since I know he picked it out!).
| This one was actually taken this morning while Kairo was being a very, very good boy while I was getting ready for work |
Not only is this blog post the same as the catchy jingle to that childhood television show Step By Step, which coincidentally was one of my favorite TGIF shows as a child, but it's also how G$ and I are taking everything Kairo-related. Step by step, day by day. We have good days and bad days (one of which was yesterday...more on that one in a future post). We take drastic steps forward (Kairo staying in a sit, while I walk about twenty feet away, then coming when I say 'come'), then sometimes a few steps back (tinkles in the house without any notice or indication). It's a challenge. Absolutely. But when he gets so excited when I come home that is whole back end is shaking back and forth with his tail or he curls up in my lap, I just
<3
K$
No comments:
Post a Comment